Introduction to Restaurant Hosting
In this course, you will learn how to operate a host stand and reservation system, interact with guests, book reservations through OpenTable, and assist the restaurant team in a successful service.
What You’ll Learn
At the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Articulate restaurant terminology, communicate in an effective and succinct way, have some understanding of the different service types; Recognize the different roles within the industry.
2. Carry out the opening and closing duties of a Host, assist in restaurant cleanliness and maintaining a clear organized workspace.
3. Understand typical duties for FOH and BOH staff; Identify the roles of other individuals within the industry.
4. Use OpenTable to create and modify reservations, add guests to the waitlist, and update table status; Resolve conflicts with reservations; Use guest notes/soignee to communicate with restaurant staff.
5. Demonstrate telephone and guest interaction etiquette; Use proper techniques when communicating guest feedback to management.
6. Have some understanding of the different types of proteins; Be aware of common allergies, and how to make note of them on a reservation.