Introduction to Server Assisting
Server Assistant’s support the entire Front of House team in executing outstanding service. As the connection between all departments, server assistants have a large impact on guest experience.
What You'll Learn
In this course you will learn how to properly carry 3 plates and describe dishes, clear and set tables to the highest standard, assist bartenders in setting up their bar, and learn how to look for problem areas in the restaurant so you can best support everyone.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Have a detailed understanding of the server assistant role, opening and closing duties assigned to it, and an understanding of how to execute steps of service.
2. Indicate different areas of the restaurant, understand the difference between FOH and BOH locations and communicate with hospitality industry terminology.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the various roles held throughout the industry.
4. Have some understanding of the different types of proteins and ways they are prepared and cooked; Be aware of common allergies, and steps taken to ensure guests safety.
5. Follow industry safety standards; identify hazardous materials and demonstrate how to handle them.
6. Describe the role of Expo and understand its importance.
7. Demonstrate how to carry three plates to and from the kitchen; Clear tables while practicing proper plate removal rules allowing for little guest disruption.
8. Understand the importance of teamwork and going above and beyond in service, giving practical examples